Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dear Future English 11o Students,
At the beginning of winter quarter I was anything but excited for my english 110.01 class. I have always had trouble with writing and I knew that I would be meet with many challenging assignments. Our first assignment which was to write an analytical research paper introduced me to a whole new genre of writing and a whole new set of challenges. Regardless of how difficult and foreign these new assignments may feel to you it is important to tackle them with confidence and hard work. Even if at first you don't understand the prompt it is important to keep working hard. I found that I did well on assignments when I asked lots of questions and I didn't give up. One thing I wish I would have done differently is I wish I would have stayed more organized and written down when all my assignments were due because any class is easier when you stay organized. As long as you stay organized and stay involved in class there is no reason why you won't do well in english. Work hard and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment